For over 20 years, Leslie Briner has served families experiencing homelessness, youth with developmental disabilities, youth in the foster care system and, since 2005, has worked with commercially sexually exploited (CSE) youth. She has designed, implemented and directed services for sexually exploited and trafficked youth and developed comprehensive training on the topics of sexual exploitation and trafficking. To date, she has trained over 7000 people as well as providing substantial technical assistance and consultation on these issues in Washington State and across the country. Leslie works as a consultant with YouthCare and operates Social Strategies, a training and consulting practice based in Seattle, Washington as well as being Associate Faculty at the University of Washington, School of Social Work where she earned her Master’s in Social Work (MSW).
Training Course List:*
- Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Youth: Comprehensive Training for Service Providers
- Trauma and the Sex Trades: Training for Mental Health Providers
- Advanced Skills for Advocates
- Legal Frameworks and Responses to the Sex Trades
- Advanced Skills Workshop for Service Providers: Stages of Change, Safety Planning and Responding to Running Away Behavior
- Stages of Change
- Safety Planning
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Building Social Justice in Teams and Organizations
*Training’s list will be updated as new dates or new courses become available.